Ricar New Zealand Limited:
You can travel through most of the Ricar Website without providing information that personally identifies you but sometimes we will need information to provide the products and services you requested by you.
“us”, "we", "our" or "Ricar" means Ricar Distribution NZ Ltd: "you" means you, the person visiting the Ricar Website;“Personal Information” means personal information that could be used to identify you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number etc. and information generated by your use of the Services such as case studies or assessments; and "Services" means that any product or services available on our Website; and “Website” means the Ricar Website at: www.ricar.co.nz.
If you are browsing the Website we may collect and store the following information:
the IP address of your machine when connected to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet; the operating system and the browser your computer uses, and any search engine you are using; the date and time you are visiting; the URLs of the pages you visit; and if you provide it your email address.
We may disclose aggregated information which does not allow you to be personally identified to our affiliates, related companies and to unaffiliated third parties.
Ricar Distribution NZ Ltd may hold information relating to you that you have provided to us (such as on an application or enquiry) or that we may have obtained from another source (such as our suppliers or from marketing organisations and credit agencies).
Unless otherwise agreed we will never ask you for your credit card number. Where you are required to pay product or service fees you will be redirected to a third party payment services provider. Payment of these fees is governed by the terms and conditions of that third party services provider and Ricar has no liability for these transactions.
Use of personal information:
Your information may be held and used by us for a number of purposes connected with our business operations and functions, which include:
- processing your orders or applications;
- carrying out credit checking and scoring (unless we have agreed otherwise);
- providing you with products and/or services requested or administering your account;
- billing you (unless you pay by another agreed method);
- settling accounts with those who provide related services to us;
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities; and all other general administrative and business purposes;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing our and our group companies/E products and services generally;
- contacting you (including by post, email, fax, short text message (SMS), pager or telephone) about our and our group companies’ products and services (unless you ask us in writing not to), where such contact is via electronic means, the electronic marketing messages we and our selected third parties send need not include an unsubscribe facility;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement on us or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution;
- carrying out activities connected with the running of our business such as personnel training, quality control, network monitoring, testing and maintenance of computer and other systems and in connection with the transfer of any part of our business in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
Disclosing Personal Information:
We may share your information with our group companies (some of which are based outside of Australasia) who may use and disclose your information for the same purposes as us.
We may also pass personal information, relating to you, for any particular purpose to certain third parties including:
Those who provide to us or our group companies products or services that support the services that we provide, such as our dealers and suppliers;
credit reference agencies (unless we have agreed otherwise) who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
if someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
those involved in the prevention or detection of fraud or crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, including the operators and participants of crime prevention schemes in which we participate who may compare your personal information with information collected from other sources and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name; persons to whom we may be required to pass your information by reason of legal, governmental or regulatory authority; and anyone we transfer our business to in respect of which you are a customer or a potential customer.
This notice is provided for your information and is not intended to limit or exclude your rights under the Privacy Act.
Control of your Personal Information:
Recognising that your privacy is important to you, Ricar employs procedures and technical security measures to protect your Personal Information from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your Personal Information will be held by: Ricar Distribution NZ Ltd.
PO Box 6023.
Palmerston North 4445.
However, no transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Consequently, to the extent permitted by law, Ricar, its affiliates and third party service providers and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents do not represent, warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is protected against misuse, loss or alterations and do not accept any liability for personal information submitted to them nor for your or third parties’ use or misuse of Personal Information. If you have provided Personal Information we may send you periodic e-mails informing you of technical service issues related to our products and services. You will not be able to choose to unsubscribe to these mailings, as they are considered an essential part of the service you have chosen.
Once we no longer require your Personal Information for any of the purposes for which it was collected we will, subject to any legal obligations and responsibilities, take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your Personal Information.
Access and Correction of Personal Information:
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. You can:
View Personal Information you have given us.
If necessary, request that any Personal Information you have provided us be corrected.
Register for or cancel our provision of Services to you.
If you have any concerns in New Zealand please contact Ricar on 0800 444 747 or by email: email@example.com.